Posted May 15, 2019
Add some tasty texture to your cookie recipe by folding popped popcorn into the cookie dough just before baking. Simple Pop is a perfect crunchy, vegan, and gluten-free match for this yummy chocolate chip cookie recipe, but you can add a popcorn surprise to any cookie dough that could use a pop of fun.
Chocolate Chip Popcorn Cookies (vegan, GF)
1. Preheat oven to 250° F, and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Mix together first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Fold in chocolate chips and popcorn.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons onto baking tray, then gently flatten.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 250° F.
6. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes -- they become crispier as they cool.
The popcorn and chocolate chips smell heavenly while baking in the oven, but you could even skip the baking and enjoy this as a vegan, gluten-free cookie dough snack. Nom, nom, nom :)
Ready to give it a go? Snap a photo of your finished Chocolate Chip Popcorn Cookie creations and tag us @DocPopcorn or #DocPopcorn on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.